Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here! Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As an Assistant Program Director (Program Administrative Coordinator) with Cole Vocational Services, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in a center or community based day programs. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully assist in directing program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will help manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Program Directors. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Assist in the development and the delivery of quality services and engaging activities that meet the individuals needs
- Supports the Manager in day to day operations in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates staff efforts to achieve program, organization and consumer outcomes
- Implements Individual Service Plans (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
- Shares responsibility for time-keeping and billing for services provided
- Builds and maintains relationships with families, Regional Centers, and regulatory agencies
- Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies as needed
- Develops and implements activity schedules
- Works with Program Director to oversee consumer care, supervision, and safety
- Acts as Direct Support Professional as needed
- Assumes the role of the Program Director in their absence
If you have leadership skills and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field AND the demonstrated ability to provide staff training, supervision, and planning OR At least three (3) years’ experience in a human services delivery system including at least one (1) year in a comparable program.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
- Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Cole Vocational Services is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!