Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here! Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a (Temporary) Staff Recruitment Specialist with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position oversees the recruitment and hiring of direct support employees for a specific region, and supports the Regional Director in employment planning and execution for the region. The Staff Recruitment Specialist is responsible for attracting, screening, hiring and orienting new employees, and works with Program Directors and Program Coordinators to fill vacancies for new and existing programs within their assigned region. In larger regions were approved, the Staff Recruitment Specialist may be responsible to supervise Staff Recruitment Coordinators.
Do you have experience in recruiting candidates and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Partnering with operations, performs recruitment activities such as sourcing, screening resumes, interviewing candidates, scheduling interviews, documentation, onboarding, conducting reference and background checks, and extending approved offers to selected candidates.
- Recruits employees by posting employment ads on company website, external websites, in newspapers and through college career services in order to attract qualified applicants
- Develops and implements sourcing and recruitment strategies such as advertising campaigns, job fairs, and school programs.
- Analyzes recruitment and retention results for reporting to management.
- Coordinates new hire orientation by ensuring proper paperwork is completed, working closely with the hiring managers and others as required
- Tracks and reports vacancies.
- Complies with HR policies and practices, referring questions to immediate supervisor
If you have recruiting experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- High school diploma, Associate’s Degree preferred
- 2-4 years of related recruitment experience required
- Strong follow through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work; requires independent judgment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Proficient in use of the following software: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Applicant Tracking System (Taleo)
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!